Monday, June 3, 2013

Smiling Makes a Difference

That's right. It's not a joke. I really am serving in BRNO. And it is beautiful. I still can't believe I am here. My companion is great. She is really really nice and really really energetic. Which is good.
So this was definitely a week of firsts. First real life contact. First real life rejection. First real life missionary success. It seems like almost every person we talk to says they are atheist. And I know it shouldn't but it makes me so SAD! They have all grown up that way. At least that is what President Irwin said. He said that when communism was around, in schools they would tell the children to sit and pray to God for candy. They would and nothing would come. Then they told them to pray to Mother Russia for candy and the teachers would put candy bars on their desks. Now there is a generation of people that don't believe in God. It is hard, BUTTTTT there are still some people that ARE interested. And I am so grateful that Heavenly Father has put them in my path!!!!

We are meeting with a man we met walking near our church build (which is awesome by the way. I'll have to send a picture) And he speaks Russian... which is rough to understand... especially since I don't know Czech!!! But he said that he was interested in meeting with us and he was going to come to church, but he had to work! Then we met another man on the tram who said he would meet with us! 

My companion says it's because I smile so much so I have been trying to smile every chance I get. When someone looks at me, I say "Dobry Den" and smile and sometimes we get them! 

Contacting is probably the scariest thing I have ever done in my entire life, or so I thought. Then I went to my first week of church in Czech. I understood almost nothing. It was sooooooooooooooo scary. Then we had to greet all the church members and they were talking to me in Czech and I was so scared. But it was great. The members are so nice. Really so nice. And their conversion stories are really beautiful! 

One girl got was meeting with the missionaries when her brother died and now her mother blames her for his death. Even though she is going through all these trials, she is still firm in the faith. It is amazing to me!

Anywhoooo Mam Rad Brne. To je uzasne!!! 

s laskou
Sestra Bruno

No comments:

Post a Comment