Monday, March 17, 2014

Little Girls

Hello fambam,

Did you know that this week was the Jewish Holiday Purim? I bet you didn't because why in the world would you... haha. We had a branch activity where we celebrated this Holiday. If you don't know what it is, it is basically the Holiday celebrating Ester from the Bible. The activity was really fun and really successful!!! We had 30 non-members there (That is almost double the branch) And we counted 14 little girls there. (members and nonmembers) It was a lot of fun because the branch put on a skit... basically read the Bible story of Esther... and all the little girls had a part in it! Simona came with the girls and it was so cute because little Anicka had a part in the skit and was so excited about it!!! She loved it. Then all the little kids had so much fun because every time you say the wicked name Hammon they made noise with noise makers and screamed. IT was so great!!!

We also got to go to the girls dance rehearsal this week. They are just the cutest thing ever. It was a pretty funny day because we basically spent it with Simona. We had a lesson with her in the morning where we found out that her mother passed away. We also found out that she didn't like meeting with us because she doesn't like feeling like she is forced to do things. We promised so many blessings and shared so many personal stories, it was insane, but by the end of it she was praying about how much she wanted to do these things! WAY COOL! Then we had lunch at a members house, then we had another lesson about family history and then it was back with Simona for the girls recital. We think that Simona really trusts us now because she introduced us to her Father and Step-mother. They weren't exactly excited to talk to us, but that's okay. It was really good to know that Simona is excited to talk to other people about us. During the lesson she said, "Everyone thinks your a cult... I'm not really sure why because I really like it here. They should all try it. They would like it too" haha It was really good. The only thing we have to do is get them all coming to church and meet more often and then they should be ready for baptism. This week was a really good breakthough because I actually felt like this family could and will make their date. We are pumped.

I also learned the importance of family history. We have started to advertise about family history and how we teach people how to start family history and this week we taught a lesson about it. It was kind of awkward because I realized how little I know about my own family history!!! 

For some reason I am not linked to you on family search... it's awkward. Do you know what I can do about that???

Also I don't have any pictures of my family!!! CAN YOU SEND ME SOME??? I promise it would help my missionary purpose to have TONS! People eat that stuff up. Every time... almost every time... I sit down on a tram I talk to someone about family. And they can not believe that I have such a humongous family! SEND ME PICTURES PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! 

Our investigator (the old man) is doing good too. He is super old too and super catholic too. But we taught him the Plan of Salvation and he really liked it. And learned new things. He started off saying that God and Jesus were definitely the same person and then we used examples in the Bible where Jesus spoke to God and vice versa and by the end he was just scratching his head and saying, yeah I guess I agree with you. YUSSSS. And it was not bible bashing, I promise hahah. 

It was a good week. Basically how blessed are we that we know about the Plan of Salvation. We will get to be with God again and we are happy because of it. It's the best. Everyone needs to know about this! 

I hope everyone has a good week. STILL NO BABY??? :( Looking forward to next week to see her!)

s laskou

Sestro Bruno  

No comments:

Post a Comment