Saturday, October 26, 2013

Leaves Are Falling All Around

This place is beautiful. Holy Cow. Everything is a different color. The leaves are red, yellow, green, purple, orange. SO PRETTY.
This week was pretty exciting. We have a super cool awesome wicked new investigator named Matt, really Matous but he speaks english as well as slovak and czech so he told us we could call him Matt. His life has been pretty crazy and not very great so I think he has a hard time trusting people, but we had the best first lesson getting to tell him that GOD LOVES HIM! He is a former from the Elders so he knew a lot already about the church and he is kind of skeptical about living the standards but we asked him to give it a try and to meet with us, and he said YUSSSS. NEW INVESTIGATOR! It felt good because our area is still so new and really every new investigator has so much potential.
We also had a great lesson with this lady named Angie (Angea) she is also Czech but speaks perfect english. (Prague... I will never learn Czech because everyone speaks english!!) It is amazing to teach her. She takes gratitude to a whole new level. Really. She is so grateful for everything she has. Sometimes I wonder if our investigators or I am doing the teaching because I learn so much from these people everyday! Angie is so kind and so sincere, but she really does NOT like Jesus Christ. It makes me so sad!!!! She says she doesn't understand why people are so fanatical and she doesn't like to feel guilty about his suffering. We are going to talk to her about it this week and hopefully build her testimony of Jesus Christ... or at least plant the seed.
Then we had training and Sister Bateman and I had to do the training. My companion is the sister trainer leader, but president said that her companion should get involved too, so we just ended up doing the whole training together... It was so scary to get up in front of the entire zone and talk about Church Attendence, but I tried to think about it as an opportunity to bear my testimony about why going to church is so important. We told the missionaries that it is because church is the safe harbor away from the storms of life. I was really nervous but I think we did a good job. (?) hahahh it was a lot of fun anyway.
Everything is going well here in PRAHA. It really is the city of dreams. How is everyone else doing?  Have you all found the 1 person who you can share the gospel with before Christmas??? Let me know how it's going!!!
s laskou
Sestro Bruno

No comments:

Post a Comment